SQL Server 2016 introduces many new T-SQL features for Developers and Database Administrators. Let us take a look at some of the new T-SQL enhancements in SQL Server 2016 along with relevant examples.
This is Part 1 of 10 Part T-SQL Enhancements in SQL Server 2016 for Developers and DBAs.
New T-SQL Features in SQL Server 2016 for DBAs and Developers
Topics Covered in T-SQL Enhancements in SQL Server 2016 Tutorial
- TRUNCATE TABLE WITH PARTITIONS
- DROP IF EXISTS
- ALTER TABLE WITH (ONLINE = ON | OFF)
- MAXDOP for DBCC CHECKDB, DBCC CHECKTABLE and DBCC CHECKFILEGROUP
- ALTER DATABASE SET AUTOGROW_SINGLE_FILE
- ALTER DATABASE SET AUTOGROW_ALL_FILES
- COMPRESS and DECOMPRESS Functions
- STRING_SPLIT and STRING_ESCAPE Functions
- FORMATMESSAGE Statement
- SERVERPROPERTY Function
Clicking Next Page button to continue reading each topic in detail.
Trending Today’s SQL Server Tips and Articles
- How to Identify the Location of Resource Database in SQL Server
- SQL Server SELECT TOP Clause T-SQL Tutorial with Examples
- How to Recycle SQL Server Error Log file without restarting SQL Server Service
- Troubleshooting SQL Server blocked access to procedure sp_send_dbmail
- How to Detect Virtual Log Files in SQL Server Transaction Log File