FORMATMESSAGE statement is enhanced in SQL Server 2016 to accept a msg_string argument. In the previous versions this function was used to form a message from text located in sys.messages
This is Part 9 of 10 Part T-SQL Enhancements in SQL Server 2016 for Developers and DBAs. Click here to read it from the beginning….
DECLARE @ExampleMessage VARCHAR(150) SET @ExampleMessage = FORMATMESSAGE ('SQL Server %s, has some amazing new features and learn them on %s!', '2016', 'MyTechMantra.com'); SELECT @ExampleMessage;
Trending SQL Server Articles and Tips
- What are Virtual Log Files in SQL Server Transaction Log File?
- Limit SQL Server Error Log File Size in SQL Server
- FILE Backup in SQL Server Step by Step Tutorial with Examples
- How to Fix Virtual Log Files in SQL Server Transaction Log
- DIFFERENTIAL Database Backups in SQL Server Step by Step Tutorial with Examples
Clicking Next Page button to continue reading the topics and click on the Previous Page button to revisit the previous topic.
- SERVERPROPERTY Function
- TRUNCATE TABLE WITH PARTITIONS
- DROP IF EXISTS
- ALTER TABLE WITH (ONLINE = ON | OFF)
- MAXDOP for DBCC CHECKDB, DBCC CHECKTABLE and DBCC CHECKFILEGROUP
- ALTER DATABASE SET AUTOGROW_SINGLE_FILE
- ALTER DATABASE SET AUTOGROW_ALL_FILES
- COMPRESS and DECOMPRESS Functions
- STRING_SPLIT and STRING_ESCAPE Functions
- FORMATMESSAGE Statement