FORMATMESSAGE statement is enhanced in SQL Server 2016 to accept a msg_string argument. In the previous versions this function was used to form a message from text located in sys.messages
This is Part 9 of 10 Part T-SQL Enhancements in SQL Server 2016 for Developers and DBAs. Click here to read it from the beginning….
DECLARE @ExampleMessage VARCHAR(150) SET @ExampleMessage = FORMATMESSAGE ('SQL Server %s, has some amazing new features and learn them on %s!', '2016', 'MyTechMantra.com'); SELECT @ExampleMessage;
Trending SQL Server Articles and Tips
Clicking Next Page button to continue reading the topics and click on the Previous Page button to revisit the previous topic.
- SERVERPROPERTY Function
- TRUNCATE TABLE WITH PARTITIONS
- DROP IF EXISTS
- ALTER TABLE WITH (ONLINE = ON | OFF)
- MAXDOP for DBCC CHECKDB, DBCC CHECKTABLE and DBCC CHECKFILEGROUP
- ALTER DATABASE SET AUTOGROW_SINGLE_FILE
- ALTER DATABASE SET AUTOGROW_ALL_FILES
- COMPRESS and DECOMPRESS Functions
- STRING_SPLIT and STRING_ESCAPE Functions
- FORMATMESSAGE Statement