Starting SQL Server 2008, SSMS allows you to Select Top 1000 rows and Edit Top 200 rows. However, in the previous version of SSMS 2005, the only option was to open the entire table. Let us see how to alter select top 1000 rows and edit top 200 rows default value in SSMS.
Steps to ALTER Select Top 1000 Rows and Edit Top 200 Rows Default Value in SQL Server Management Studio
1. Open SSMS, under Tools, click Options as shown in the snippet below.
2. To make the necessary changes within the Options Dialog box, Expand SQL Server Object Explorer -> Commands.
3. Specify the new value for Value for Edit Top Rows Command and Specify the Value for Select Top Rows Command. In the below example we have set the value as 50 for both options.
- Display Line Numbers in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Performance Dashboard Reports in SQL Server 2012
- How to Use Dedicated Administrator Connection in SQL Server
- How to Migrate Existing Database to Partially Contained Database in SQL Server
- How to Configure Network Drive to be Visible for SSMS to Perform Database Backup and Restore?
- How to Configure PAGE_VERIFY Option as CHECKSUM for all Databases in a SQL Server Instance
4. Finally to save the changes click OK to save the changes to SSMS configuration.
5. Once you have made the above mentioned changes right click the table to see the changes as shown in the snippet below.