In this article we will take a look at the steps which a database administrator needs to follow to restore an analysis services database. The steps mentioned below are applicable on SQL Server 2005 and higher versions.
Steps to Restore Analysis Services Database in SQL Server Using SQL Server Management Studio
Step 1: Start SQL Server Management Studio and connect to an Analysis Services Instance. Right Databases Node under Analysis Services Instance and then choose the option Restore…. from the popup menu as shown in the snippet below.
Step 2: In the Restore Database dialog box, there are a number of settings which you have to choose to configure the analysis services database restore.
Step 3: Click the Browse… button to locate analysis services backup file and click OK to save the SSAS Backup file location as shown in the snippet below.
Trending Analysis Services Articles and Tips
- How to Detach SSAS Database in SQL Server
- How to Attach SSAS Database in SQL Server
- How to Synchronize Analysis Services Database Using Synchronize Database Wizard in SSMS
- How to Restore Analysis Services Database in SQL Server Using SQL Server Management Studio
- How to Automate Backup of Analysis Services Database Using SQL Server Agent Job
- How to Backup Analysis Services Database in SQL Server Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Database Consistency Checker DBCC CHECK For Analysis Services Database in SQL Server 2016 for Tabular and Multidimensional Databases
Step 4: In the Restore Database dialog box, the next step will be to specify Restore Target such as Restore Database Name and Storage Location.
Click the below Number Buttons to continue reading the rest of the article.