In this article we will take a look at how to create an SQL Server Agent Job to backup an Analysis Services Database. However, read the following article to know the steps you need to follow to restore a database in SQL Server.
Steps to Backup Analysis Services Database Using SQL Server Agent Job
Step 1: Start SQL Server Management Studio and connect to Database Engine.
Step 2: Expand SQL Server Agent, right click Jobs and choose New Job… from the popup menu as shown in the snippet below.
Step 3: In the New Job dialog box, provide a name for the job and then click on Steps page to create a new step.
Trending Analysis Services Articles and Tips
- How to Detach SSAS Database in SQL Server
- How to Attach SSAS Database in SQL Server
- How to Synchronize Analysis Services Database Using Synchronize Database Wizard in SSMS
- How to Restore Analysis Services Database in SQL Server Using SQL Server Management Studio
- How to Automate Backup of Analysis Services Database Using SQL Server Agent Job
- How to Backup Analysis Services Database in SQL Server Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Database Consistency Checker DBCC CHECK For Analysis Services Database in SQL Server 2016 for Tabular and Multidimensional Databases
Step 4: In New Job Step, specify an appropriate step name and choose SQL Server Analysis Services Command as the type from the drop down list. Next you need to mention the Analysis Server Name and copy paste the below mentioned XMLA script as shown in the snippet below.
Step 5: Click OK to save the New Job Step and return to the parent window. Click OK once again to create the SQL Server Agent Job to automate the backup of analysis services database.
In this article you have seen how to create an SQL Server Agent Job to backup an analysis services database.