You may end up getting “The remote procedure call failed. [0x800706be] WMI Error“ when you click SQL Server Services in SQL Server Configuration Manager as shown in the snippet below. This article explains the steps to troubleshoot “The remote procedure call failed. [0x800706be] WMI Error in SQL Server 2012”.
This generally happens when you have SQL Server 2008 or SQL Server 2008 R2 running along with SQL Server 2012 on the same machine or you have installed Visual Studio 2012 which installed SQL Server 2012 components.
- First Option, will be to Install SQL Server 2008 SP3 or later / Install SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 or later. Read the following article which explains How to Install a SQL Server Service Pack.
- Second Option, will be to recompile MOF file. The steps are mentioned below for your reference.
Recompiling MOF File to resolve “The remote procedure call failed. [0x800706be] WMI Error”
1. Open command prompt under administrative privileges i.e., using “Run as Administrator” and run as shown in the snippet below.
mofcomp.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Shared\sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof"
Now, you can go ahead and open SQL Server Services under SQL Server Configuration Manger to see all SQL Server Services.
- ALTER TABLE WITH (ONLINE=ON | OFF) T-SQL Enhancement in SQL Server 2016
- Database Backup Encryption in SQL Server 2014 a Step by Step Implementation Guide
- Fix Cannot open user default database. Login failed. Login failed for user SQL Server Error
- Different Types of SQL Server Backups
- Configure Network Drive Visible for SQL Server During Backup and Restore Using SSMS
- Mi Watch Launched, offers Heart rate monitoring, Blood oxygen sensor, Dual SIM Support via eSIM, Powerful 570 mAh Battery
- How to Download WideWorldImporters Sample Database and Restore in SQL Server 2016