SQL Server 2016: STRING_SPLIT and STRING_ESCAPE T-SQL Enhancement in SQL Server 2016
Related Topic: TSQL Enhancement SQL Server 2016>
Next Topic: FORMATMESSAGE Statement
STRING_SPLIT Function and STRING_ESCAPE Function in SQL Server 2016
SQL Server 2016 introduces two new string functions namely STRING_SPLIT and STRING_ESCAPE.
STRING_SPLIT: This string function can be used to split the character expression using the specified separator.
For more information, see STRING_SPLIT (Transact-SQL).
Syntax: STRING_SPLIT (string , separator)
Example: SELECT STRING_SPLIT('MyTechMantra Helps DBAs and Developers Daily', ' ');
Output MyTechMantra Helps DBAs and Developers Daily
• SERVERPROPERTY T-SQL Enhancement in SQL Server 2016
• TRUNCATE TABLE WITH PARTITIONS T-SQL Enhancement in SQL Server 2016
• DROP IF EXISTS T-SQL Enhancement in SQL Server 2016
• ALTER TABLE WITH (ONLINE = ON | OFF) T-SQL Enhancement in SQL Server 2016
• MAXDOP for DBCC CHECKDB, DBCC CHECKTABLE and DBCC CHECKFILEGROUP
Thank you for taking your time to read
this article. Let's be Connected....
STRING_ESCAPE: This function can escape special characters within texts and will return text with escaped characters. For more information, see STRING_ESCAPE (Transact-SQL).
Syntax: STRING_ESCAPE(text , type)
Click the Next Page button to continue reading about New T-SQL enhancements in SQL Server 2016 and click on the Previous Page button to revise the previouly read topic.
- How to Identify if the database was upgraded from a previous version of SQL Server
- How to Repair a Suspect Database in SQL Server
- Steps to Connect to SQL Server When all System Administrators are Locked Out
- How to Change Default SQL Server Backup Folder Settings in SQL Server
- How to Delete Duplicate Records from an SQL Server Table
Last Updated On: May 16, 2016
Please leave your Valuable Comment or Let us know how this article helped you: