Installing Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 on Windows Server 2003 – Part 1
April 28, 2009
In this article you will see the steps which you need to follow in order to install Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 on Windows Server 2003. Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 is build on top of Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 which is a collaboration tool and it doesn’t require any separate license other than the Operating System. The Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS 2007) is offered in two editions namely Standard and Enterprise. The binary installation files for both the editions are same. However, there are some features which are disabled when you install Standard edition. The choice of Standard or Enterprise edition of MOSS 2007 is determined by the Product Key which is entered during the installation. SharePoint Administrators need to be aware that an installation of Standard Edition can be upgraded to Enterprise Edition using Central Administration without performing an additional installation. However, it is not possible to downgrade from an Enterprise Edition to Standard Edition. The only option in that scenario is to uninstall the existing Enterprise Edition and then install Standard Edition.
In a small server farm, Microsoft recommends installing Microsoft Office
SharePoint Server 2007 on one server and installing Microsoft SQL Server 2005 on
a separate server.
Application Server: Dual Processor with 2.5 GHz speed or higher along with minimum of 2 GB RAM.
Database Server: Dual Processor with 2.5 GHz speed or higher along with minimum of 2 GB RAM.
You need to install the following below mentioned products as a prerequisite prior to the installation of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
• Windows Server 2003 (Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter or Web Edition) with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
• Internet Information Server 6.0 (IIS) on Windows Server 2003 SP1
• Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 which includes Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation
• NTFS File System
• Microsoft SQL Server 2005 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Service Pack 4
In Part 2, we'll take a look at how to Install and Configure Internet Information Services 6.0 on Windows Server 2003.
Continue Free Learning...
Geeks who read this article also read…
- Installing Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 on Windows Server 2003 - Part 1
- Installing Internet Information Services 6.0 on Windows Server 2003 - Part 2
- Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 - Part 3
- Installing Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 on Windows Server 2003 - Part 4
- Using SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard - Part 5
- How to Uninstall Office SharePoint Server 2007 Manually
- Read More Sharepoint Articles…
- Read More SQL Server Articles…