Troubleshooting SYSPOLICY_PURGE_HISTORY Job Failure in Stand Alone Instance of SQL Server 2008
Jun 05, 2012
This article describes troubleshooting steps for SYSPOLICY_PURGE_HISTORY SQL Server Job failure in Stand-Alone Instance of SQL Server 2008. In case of SYSPOLICY_PURGE_HISTORY Job has failed in a Failover Instance of SQL Server 2008 then refer the following article titled "Troubleshooting SYSPOLICY_PURGE_HISTORY Job Failure in Failover Cluster Instance of SQL Server 2008"
SYSPOLICY_PURGE_HISTORY job fails when you rename a computer that hosts a Stand-Alone Instance of SQL Server
The SYSPOLICY_PURGE_HISTORY Job fails with the below mentioned error at step 3 “Erase Phantom System Health Records” once you have renamed a computer that hosts a stand-alone instance of SQL Server. The reason why this job is falling at Step 3 “Erase Phantom System Health Records” is within the PowerShell script still the Old SQL Server Name is mentioned. To resolve this issue you need to replace the Old SQL Server Name with the New SQL Server Name.
Executed as user: Domain\UserName. A job step received an error at line 1 in a PowerShell script. The corresponding line is '(Get-Item SQLSERVER:\SQLPolicy\OLDSQLServerName\DEFAULT).EraseSystemHealthPhantomRecords()'. Correct the script and reschedule the job. The error information returned by PowerShell is: 'Cannot retrieve the dynamic parameters for the cmdlet. SQL Server PowerShell provider error: Could not connect to 'OLDSQLServerName\DEFAULT'.
Wrong Server Name in Erase Phantom System Health Records job step
Correct Server Name in Erase Phantom System Health Records job step
You need to make the changes to the PowerShell script and then click OK to save the change to SYSPOLICY_PURGE_HISTORY Job as shown in the snippet below.
In this article you have seen troubleshooting steps for SYSPOLICY_PURGE_HISTORY Job failure in Stand Alone Instance of SQL Server 2008.
Continue Free Learning...
Geeks who read this article also read…
- Troubleshooting SYSPOLICY_PURGE_HISTORY Job Failure in Failover Cluster Instance SQL Server 2008
- Troubleshooting OLE DB Provider Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 is not registered Error
- Troubleshooting SQL Server blocked access to procedure sp_send_dbmail
- Performance Dashboard Reports in SQL Server 2012
- Tips to Avoid Account Lockout Issues
- Encrypt Database Backups in SQL Server Using MEDIAPASSWORD Option
- Using SP_SERVER_DIAGNOSTICS Stored Procedure Quickly Gather Diagnostic Data and Health Information in SQL Server 2012
- New Features in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 for Database Administrators
- New Features in SQL Server 2012 for Database Developers
- Why an SQL Server Database from a higher version cannot be restored onto a lower version?
- How to identify if the database was upgraded from a previous version of SQL Server
- Installing SQL Server 2008 R2 on Windows Server 2008 R2
- Using Transparent Data Encryption Feature of SQL Server 2008
- New Date and Time Data Types in SQL Server 2008
- Date and Time Functions in SQL Server 2008
- Configuring Database Instant File Initialization Feature of SQL Server
- Changing the default location of SQL Server Data and Log files
- Changing Default SQL Server Backup Folder in SQL Server 2008
- How to repair a Suspect Database in SQL Server
- Steps to Rebuild System Databases in SQL Server
- How to Get Exclusive Access to SQL Server Database
- Read More SQL Server Articles…