Repair Suspect Database, Steps to Repair Suspect Database in SQL Server
Related Topics: Fix Database Corruption in SQL Server>
Next Topic: FIND & FIX SUSPECT PAGES
4. Execute the DBCC CHECKDB command which will check the logical and physical integrity of all the objects within the specified database.
DBCC CHECKDB (BPO) GO
5. Next step will be to bring the user database in SINGLE_USER mode by executing the below mentioned TSQL code.
ALTER DATABASE BPO SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE GO
SQL Server Disaster Recovery Tips
• What are Virtual Log Files in SQL Server Transaction Log File?
• How to Use Dedicated Administrator Connection in SQL Server
• How to Start SQL Server without TempDB Database?
• Different Startup Options for SQL Server Database Engine Service
• How to Detect Corruption Issues in SQL Server Using Suspect_Pages Table?
• How to Fix SQL Server Database Corruption Issues?
• Steps to Repair a Suspect Database in SQL Server?
• Different Ways to Find Default Trace Location in SQL Server
6. Once the database is in SINGLE_USER mode execute the below TSQL code to repair the database. When you repair your database using REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS option of DBCC CHECKDB command there can be some loss of data. Once the database is successfully repaired using REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS option of DBCC CHECKDB command then there is no way to go back to the previous state.
Important: Following set of Articles can help you avoid Database Corruption Issues in SQL Server to a great extend.
DBCC CHECKDB (BPO, REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) GO
7. Finally, execute the below mentioned TSQL command to allow MULTI_USER access to the database.
ALTER DATABASE BPO SET MULTI_USER GO
In this article you have seen how you can recover a database which is marked SUSPECT.
Click on Previous Page button to read this article from the beginning...
Last Updated On: Mar 25, 2015
Please leave your Valuable Comment or Let us know how this article helped you: