Idera SQL Check is a Free Performance Monitoring tool for SQL Server databases
Jan 25, 2012
A database administrator has the key responsibility of performance monitoring of an SQL Server Database. It is in this regard that the article will take a look at Idera’s SQL Check which is a fantastic tool from Idera for free monitoring and diagnosis of Performance Issues on an instance of SQL Server. The best thing is that Idera’s SQL Check is a free SQL Server Performance Monitoring Dashboard tool but it has a limitation of monitoring only one server. We would recommend our readers to try out Idera SQL Check as this tool can make your life easier.
Download Idera SQL Check Now! A Free Real Time SQL Server Performance Monitoring Tool
You can download Idera SQL Check Now so that by the time you finish reading this article you can experience it straightaway.
What is Idera SQL Check?
Idera SQL Check v3.0 is a free performance monitoring tool for SQL Server databases. This tool provides basic real time performance information for a single SQL Server Instance.
Who should be using Idera SQL Check?
Idera SQL Check tool is meant for Production Database Administrators for whom it’s essential to monitor critical performance counters on their SQL Servers’ to ensure fast performance and high availability. This tool is capable of monitoring both the 32-bit and 64-bit (x64 and Itanium 2) versions of Microsoft SQL Server Standard or Enterprise editions such as SQL Server 2000 SP4, SQL Server 2005 SP1 or later, SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2012 etc.
What areas of the SQL Server database can Idera’s SQL Check monitor?
Idera’s SQL Check can be used by a Database Administrator to monitor Wait types, Reads, Writes, Physical Reads, Physical Writes, Cache Hits, Processes, Active process in a transaction, Idle process in a transaction, Locked Processes etc.
I have installed Idera SQL Check tool on my SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 Server running on Windows Server 2008 R2.
Prerequisites & System Requirements for Installing Idera SQL Check
1. Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
2. Windows 2000, Windows XP SP2+, Windows 7, Windows 2000 Server SP4+, Windows Server 2003 SP2+, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2
How to Install Idera SQL Check
You can download Idera’s SQL Check Free Performance Monitoring Tool from Idera website. Follow the step by step instructions to install SQL Check on your Server.
1. Double click the IderaSQLcheck.msi
2. In ‘Welcome to the Idera SQL Check Setup Wizard’ Screen, click Next to continue with the installation.
3. In License Agreement Screen, accept the aggrement and click Next to continue with the installation.
4. In Select Installation Folder Screen, you can specify the folder where you want to install SQL Check or else leave the default path and click Next to continue with the installation.
5. In SQL Check Setup screen select the check box ‘Yes, Start Idera SQL Check’ and click Next to continue with the installation.
Click on Next Page to continue reading rest of the article…
Continue Free Learning...