Install BizTalk Server 2006 R2 on Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 – Part 4: Installing Microsoft SQL Server 2005
April 23, 2009
This article is a part of a series describing the Installation of BizTalk Server 2006 R2 on Windows XP or Windows Server 2003.
Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft SQL Server is one of the core components of BizTalk Server 2006 R2. Most of the data processes will store and retrieve the operational data from the backend SQL Server. It is recommended to use Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (SP2)
along with Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006 R2.
Installing Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Follow the below mentioned steps to install SQL Server 2005:
1. Login on to the server where you are planning to install SQL Server 2005 with administrative privileges and then insert the SQL Server 2005 installation media. From the root folder double click Setup.exe to being the installation.
2. On the End User License Agreement screen accept the licensing terms and conditions by selecting the checkbox and click Next.
3. Once the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup Support Files which are prerequisites for SQL Server 2005 are installed click Next.
4. Once prerequisites are installed successfully “Welcome to Microsoft SQL Server Installation Wizard” screen will show up, click Next to continue with the installation.
5. The “System Configuration Check” basically identifies potential issues which can prevent the successful installation of SQL Server 2005. If there are any issues reported then they need to be fixed before continuing with the wizard. If no issues are reported then click Next.
6. Provide the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Product Key and Click Next.
7. In “Components to Install” screen select all the components as shown in the below snippet and click Next.
8. In “Instance Name” screen, click Default instance and click Next.
9. In “Service Account” screen make sure “Customize for each service account” checkbox is unchecked. Next, select “Use a domain user account” option and provide Username, Password and Domain name detail and click Next.
10. In Authentication Mode screen choose Mixed Mode and provide a strong “sa” password and
11. Accept the default settings in the “Collation Settings” screen and click Next.
12. Accept the default settings in the “Error and Usage Report Settings” screen and click Next.
13. In “Ready to Install” screen you will see a summary of all the components which you have selected to
install. Once you have verified the same click Install to start the installation. The installation process
will take few minutes to complete.
14. Once the installation is complete go ahead and reboot the server.
15. Once SQL Server 2005 is installed successfully you need to install SQL Server 2005 SP2.
In Part 5, we'll take a look at how to Configure Microsoft SQL Server 2005 using SQL Server Configuration Manager.
Continue Free Learning...
Geeks who read this article also read…
- Installing BizTalk Server 2006 on Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 - Part 1
- Installing Internet Information Service (IIS) on Windows XP - Part 2
- Installing Internet Information Service 6.0 on Windows Server 2003 - Part 3
- Installing Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - Part 4
- Configuring Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - Part 5
- Installing BizTalk Server 2006 R2 - Part 6
- Configuring BizTalk Server 2006 R2 on Windows Server 2003 - Part 7
- Read More BizTalk Articles…
- Read More Sharepoint Articles…
- Read More SQL Server Articles…