Uninstalling SQL Server 2008
March 26, 2009
This article is a step by step guide which can be used by database administrators to uninstall SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition.
1. Click Start | Control Panel | Add or Remove Programs. In the Add or Remove Programs windows select Microsoft SQL Server 2008 as shown in the snippet below and Click Change/Remove button.
2. Once you click on Change/Remove button it will popup SQL Server 2008 windows as shown in the snippet below. There are three options basically available and they are Add, Repair and Remove.
- Add:- This option can be used by database administrators if they want to add any new feature of SQL Server 2008 which you may not have installed previously. The different features can be adding Analysis Services, Integration Services , Reporting Services or Replication etc.
- Repair:-This option can be used by database administrators if they want to repair SQL Server 2008 product.
- Remove:- This option can be used by database administrators if they want to remove SQL Server 2008 product. This is the option which you need to select to Uninstall SQL Server 2008.
3. Once you click on Remove option, you will see a popup screen informing you to wait for a while till SQL Server 2008 Setup is processing the current user request.
Click on Next Page to continue reading rest of the article…
Continue Free Learning...